Founder "World Peace Games," Teacher and Educational Consultant
A native Virginian and graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, John Hunter is an award-winning gifted teacher and educational consultant who has dedicated his life to helping children realize their full potential. Employing his background as a musician composer and filmmaker during a three-decade career as a teacher, Hunter has combined his gifted teaching and artistic talents to develop unique teaching programs using multimedia software programs in creative writing and film courses.
For more on John Hunter, click here.
Scott Barry Kaufman, PhD
Author "Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined," Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychology, New York University
Scott Barry Kaufman is a cognitive psychologist interested in the development of intelligence, creativity, and personality. He applies a variety of perspectives to come to a richer understanding and appreciation of all kinds of minds and ways of achieving greatness. In his latest book, Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined, he presents a new theory of human intelligence that he hopes will help all people realize their dreams.
For more on Scott Barry Kaufman, click here.
Join the nation's largest, most recognized and comprehensive conference for after school and out-of-school time professionals. Set in a retreat-like atmosphere, this extraordinary event will rejuvenate your passion and boost your direction for quality programming.
We invite you and your team to experience the most invigorating blend of:
• Networking and teambuilding opportunities - over 2,000 global out-of-school time professionals
• Over 125 exceptional workshops to help you learn and grow
• The latest trends and research in innovative and quality out-of-school time programming
• In depth learning sessions through our 1-day Pre-Conference Academy
• Opportunities for targeted conversations and learning through Inspiration Stations
• Legacy Summit sessions to support working with older youth- the largest convening of out-of-school time professionals working with middle and high school programs
• Master Classes taught by world-class experts of a discipline
• BOOST Nation: Town Hall- public meetings with national leaders and public figures
• Connections with over 125 Exhibitors sharing the newest resources, products and services to enhance your programs
• BOOST Film Festival featuring films highlighting relevant topics in the education field including issue relating to today's youth
• Options to earn transferrable college credits through University of California, Irvine (UCI) Extension
• Opportunities to experience guest speakers, authors, special events, and entertainment that will inspire you to create change
• Healthy meals and plenty of sunshine in beautiful Palm Springs, California